Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problem with calibration files or something else?

Attached is a screenshot of IC1805 after stacking is DSS. This is the auto stretched visualisation in Siril but it looks like something has gone wrong. Everything works fine if I stack without any calibration files. Does anyone have any ideas where to start looking for a solution?

Screenshot 2022-08-26 at 13.41.48.png

Something similar happened to me once when I took by mistake some flat frames that were too bright. The substraction washed out all the nebulosity. But I have always used a DSRL, I don't really know if that could happen with a ZWO.

After some experimenting in DSS, I think this could be a problem with the dark files as every time I include darks, The data is bad. Attached is one of the darks. Does anyone see any problems here?The data seems to be working well with an old master dark file from last year. 

Dark_300.0s_Bin1_0010.fit

Quick update to this incase anyone runs into similar problems. I redid a set of dark calibrations files, which fixed the problem. I'm not sure what was causing the error but it must have been something in the darks.