NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SW Star Adventurer GTI owner thread

Astroscot2

Out of curiosity, how is everyone connecting their GTi to an ASIAIR? I wonder if my connection choice is the issue behind my meridian flip (or lack there of) problem. I've been using the USB Type B port on the mount to connect to one of the USB 3 ports on my AAP.

• 3 months later...

im having a strange problem with my asiair+SWGTI where my longitude is wrong but right on the latitude and makes for some strange go to anyone help here even when changing it on asiair and sync it sometimes tells me that target is below even tho it isnt 

Edited by nightbird256

6 hours ago, nightbird256 said:

im having a strange problem with my asiair+SWGTI where my longitude is wrong but right on the latitude and makes for some strange go to anyone help here even when changing it on asiair and sync it sometimes tells me that target is below even tho it isnt 

just an update if anyone wants it just go back to version 2.1.2 of asiair fixed all my lat/long problems and other strange things versions 2.1.4/ 2.1.5 are doodoo

2 hours ago, nightbird256 said:

just an update if anyone wants it just go back to version 2.1.2 of asiair fixed all my lat/long problems and other strange things versions 2.1.4/ 2.1.5 are doodoo

Weird. I ran mine last night using the latest version without any issue. Maybe try reinstalling? Maybe it didn't take correctly the first time.

The issue with the asiair updates is that they introduce random issues. A lot of the time you can't recreate the problem even if you get them during different sessions. 

15 minutes ago, Elp said:

The issue with the asiair updates is that they introduce random issues. A lot of the time you can't recreate the problem even if you get them during different sessions. G

Guess I've been lucky. I have never had any issues with my AAP. No matter what I plug into it.

On 21/02/2024 at 16:34, xion824 said:

Out of curiosity, how is everyone connecting their GTi to an ASIAIR? I wonder if my connection choice is the issue behind my meridian flip (or lack there of) problem. I've been using the USB Type B port on the mount to connect to one of the USB 3 ports on my AAP.

This is an ancient post but I think the USB 2 port on your ASIAIR Plus would be more appropriate.  According to ZWO, the USB 3 ports are best suited to main camera and memory solutions. 

Don

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Celerondon said:

This is an ancient post but I think the USB 2 port on your ASIAIR Plus would be more appropriate.  According to ZWO, the USB 3 ports are best suited to main camera and memory solutions. 

Don

usb2 should be fine. im going from usb on mount to an unbelievably flimsy (but can be externally powered but i don't atm) 4 port usb hub into the blue usb lead into an extention cable into a usb to usb c apple adapter and have no problems controlling the mount. yet ;)