Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My second attempt of M13

5 minutes ago, PeterStudz said:

Nicely done Dave. I tried last year but  I must give that one another go. Although judging from your nice dark background you have a darker sky than my annoying Bortle 7! 

Hi Peter. 

My garden is bortle 2-3, the last 3 nights have been so clear and calm the best seeing conditions I've ever had .

I managed to achieve 341x mag using the ES82  8.8mm and the ES focal extender x2 and Jupiter and Saturn where beautiful 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave scutt said:

Hi Peter. 

My garden is bortle 2-3, the last 3 nights have been so clear and calm the best seeing conditions I've ever had .

I managed to achieve 341x mag using the ES82  8.8mm and the ES focal extender x2 and Jupiter and Saturn where beautiful 

I’ve got to make the effort and get to a darker site. I’ve been saying it for ages and a 25 min drive will get me to a Bortle 3 location. I’m also going on holiday to a place that is Bortle 1-2, although probably won’t have more than binoculars I’m still really looking forward to it.

Planets are OK here, recently seeing has been good. At the weekend I did language 300x on Jupiter when the GRS was visible. I could see swirls and details around the GRS and banding. Banding and details in the polar regions too which I’ve never seen before. My daughter was sleeping in the garden and had been awake earlier with our telescope. But it was so good that I got her out of bed again. 

Edited by PeterStudz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/08/2022 at 09:48, PeterStudz said:

I’ve got to make the effort and get to a darker site. I’ve been saying it for ages and a 25 min drive will get me to a Bortle 3 location. I’m also going on holiday to a place that is Bortle 1-2, although probably won’t have more than binoculars I’m still really looking forward to it.

Planets are OK here, recently seeing has been good. At the weekend I did language 300x on Jupiter when the GRS was visible. I could see swirls and details around the GRS and banding. Banding and details in the polar regions too which I’ve never seen before. My daughter was sleeping in the garden and had been awake earlier with our telescope. But it was so good that I got her out of bed again. 

I’m there with you. I’m in a Bortle 6. I’ll be visiting family in a Bortle 3 soon, and I’ll probably bring the grab-and-go setup to check it out. 

• Like 1