NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally beaten by altitude...

Ant

or rather lack of it.

A combination of Poor seeing, low altitude, high cloud and several corrupt AVI's means that I think I've reached the limit of what I can do with Venus this time round.

My image tonight is thicker and less defined than last nights and I'm pretty certain that's my lot.

Had real trouble seeing it tonight, when I did eventually spot it it was only 9 degrees above the horizon, less than 8 by the time I got it in the scope and capturing frames.

So unless tomorrow is exceptional I'll not bother with rushing around to find it etc.

Here is the image, it's poor I know and I'll not be adding it into the sequence.

I'm all set up now to have a go at Saturn - but Saturn this time round is proving to be a little ellusive for me. I'd be fairly happy with a blob with wings after my attempt the other night :)

Here's hoping!

Cheers

Ant

Well its been a great season for you on Venus Ant the compilation the other day was a stunner... have you considered making a movie of them with it fading between the various images.. think it would look cool...especially if you can get the centering of venus in the individual frames spot on...

Billy...

Archived