NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tachyon query: PDA astro software

Hi I know there are a few of you out there using tachyon. It looks really good but I can't get it working. I installed it but it's not running when i click the icon. I was asked to copy a registration file to the pda at the end of registration. I can't find this file anywhere on the download and the website ins't clear on the topic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only way I got it going was to copy all the files manually, and in the write structure on to a 2 gig SD card that then ran it from there on the PDA, worked fine - but it is quite slow. My PDA is a Dell Axim X3.

Sam

What PDA are you using? what OS are you using? and can you please describe where you've installed it. I had trouble when I installed it as well so we might be able to get to the bottom of it.:)

Thanks very much,

I've a Axim x30 with the 312mhz processor running windows mobile 2003 second ed. Got it off ebay to run some astronomical software and thought tachyon looked one of the best.

okay I downloaded the zipped file. extracted it on laptop hard drive (vista). ran the TachyonPC file as it said and then ran the TachyonPDAsetup file which copied the file unto the 2gb sd card i had in pda. It reported that the installation was complete but I needed to copy a registraion file to the pda and then open up the program for the first time.

I have also tryed just copying the install folder from the downloaded folder straight onto the sd card. Then renaming the folder to tachyon. When I then try to open the program using the TachyonNET file it does nothing and the tachyonNET.exe file says there is no application associated with it and i should run the application first.

I'm new to PDA's so Im not sure if im missing a stage out. Is the reg file on the laptop? Do i need to register online? Not sure.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Brian

ps hoping to do a messier marathon tomorrow night so this would be useful!:)

Archived