NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC2403 at 530mm

Tom OD

Shooting Galaxies at 530mm results in a lot of small galaxies, but NGC2403 is a decent sized spiral. This is 5hrs Lum with 12hrs RGB. The RGB was still noisy though.

So this was a bit of a fight in the processing, and I m not totally happy with it. Reckon this needs the TEC with the new camera to do it justice.

Tom.

NGC 2403 LRGB 12hrs web.jpg

Edited by Tom OD
  • Like 14

I have a file named NGC2403 on my hard drive so I think we must have planned to do it in the TECs but never got round to it. Nice galaxy but, as you say, it could do with more than 3.5"PP to do it justice.

Olly

11 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

I have a file named NGC2403 on my hard drive so I think we must have planned to do it in the TECs but never got round to it. Nice galaxy but, as you say, it could do with more than 3.5"PP to do it justice.

Olly

Yes think we have have even taken some Lum as a quick test shot. I ll revisit this galaxy. 
Tom

10 hours ago, Earl said:

Is the Dark brown in the image dust, if you can capture a lot more data on that it will take some form and not look like noise?

Hi Earl

I believe it is, as I felt any Red in the initial RGB was taken care of with DBE.  There was quite a bit of background dust in the Lum which was 5hrs.  So looks like the Red 4hr data got a bit of colour for it. 
However this does look red on my phone screen. 
On the laptop I even did some background Saturation to tone down the red / brown hue before posting.