Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CPWI gamepad issue

Greetings people!

I realised recently that linking my laptop to my Celestron 127 SLT mount using CPWI makes the Nexstar hand controller unusable whilst linked, a bit pointless if the laptop is inside away from the scope outside (For astrophotography).

I discovered online that you can use a wireless gamepad to control the mount, perfect! The default controls make the Left stick slew the X axis, and the Y axis, fair enough, problem is pressing Left or Down moves the mount, but it can only move Left or Down, pressing Right or Up the mount does not move, even though you can see these inputs are being registered when making them. Completely bizarre and have tried with multiple gamepads.

Am I being dumb?

Cheers any help appreciated.

CPWI.jpg

1 hour ago, DougQuaidHauser said:

Greetings people!

I realised recently that linking my laptop to my Celestron 127 SLT mount using CPWI makes the Nexstar hand controller unusable whilst linked, a bit pointless if the laptop is inside away from the scope outside (For astrophotography).

I discovered online that you can use a wireless gamepad to control the mount, perfect! The default controls make the Left stick slew the X axis, and the Y axis, fair enough, problem is pressing Left or Down moves the mount, but it can only move Left or Down, pressing Right or Up the mount does not move, even though you can see these inputs are being registered when making them. Completely bizarre and have tried with multiple gamepads.

Am I being dumb?

Cheers any help appreciated.

I had a look on TeamCelestron and there was someone reporting this same issue with 2.4.1 (and also with 2.4.0). I notice the latest release from the Celestron website is 2.4.2 so you might want to download that and see if it has fixed the issue. I've been using a gamepad for a while with my AVX and CPWI, but the version I have installed is currently 2.3.5

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shimrod said:

I had a look on TeamCelestron and there was someone reporting this same issue with 2.4.1 (and also with 2.4.0). I notice the latest release from the Celestron website is 2.4.2 so you might want to download that and see if it has fixed the issue. I've been using a gamepad for a while with my AVX and CPWI, but the version I have installed is currently 2.3.5

Thanks, but when I check the website it says 2.4.1 is the latest, it does not list 2.4.2? 

1 hour ago, DougQuaidHauser said:

Thanks, but when I check the website it says 2.4.1 is the latest, it does not list 2.4.2? 

The release notes are out of date - this is the install screen of the downloaded software - and the version history after installing - you can see a fixed for the gamepad slewing.

image.png.496a595361fbf0fe428d9ecebec863af.png

image.png.072c8d292050a4f2a4e97df4b7ebbf37.png

Edited by Shimrod

2 hours ago, Shimrod said:

The release notes are out of date - this is the install screen of the downloaded software - and the version history after installing - you can see a fixed for the gamepad slewing.

image.png.496a595361fbf0fe428d9ecebec863af.png

image.png.072c8d292050a4f2a4e97df4b7ebbf37.png

Wow thanks, super helpful and very much appreciated the advice, the update sorted the issue, works a charm now :)

• Thanks 1