NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Light StellaMira 90mm

RobST

Hey everyone

Been a good while since I've posted, RL as always taking president.

After having my knew StellaMira 90mm for the last 3 months. I finally got  chance to finally use it last night.

My first proper telescope and the first time I've had a proper telescope on my eq6 pro

I would have liked to have imaged something I had imaged before, so I could compare, unfortunately last night this was not possible from my location.

I decided I would have a go at Bodes and cigar galaxys.

For my first experience with my new scope and knew DSO I'm pretty pleased.

Only done a quick process in pixinsight. No noise reduction so far but I will go back and see if I can clean it up.

Hope you like it 😀1019879758_bodeandcigarfastprocess.thumb.png.6cb61a7c7ac60cf6129082e20cceb950.png

StellaMira 90mm ED Triplet, Skywatcher Eq6 Pro, Canon6d, Pixinsight.

176 x 30s subs.

50 x darks, lights and bias.

Cheers Rob

• Like 9

Nice image. Was this with a flattener?

There is a thread on the FLO area which includes images from the SM90. I have one and I have been really impressed with it. I'm still trying to get a completely flat field with the flattener (not the 0.8x which is fine, but the 100%), but that is not a fault of the scope.

I did a comparison last night between M53 with the SM90 and my StellaLyra RC8. Once processed there was very little difference which is pretty impressive when you look at the FL.'s of 540mm and 1600mm respectively. Yes I am oversampling on the RC8, but once scaled similarly you can not see a lot of difference.