NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

advice for newbies from a newbie

having used this forum for about a month since i bought my skywatcher explorer 130pm i have read numerous post advising to upgrade the standard eyepieces.now being the cynic i am i thought that more expensive eyepieces couldn't possibly make that much difference over the standard ones as the images i was getting seemed perfectly fine to me.however accepting that most people on this forum seem to know what they are on about i purchased a set of meade 4000's.now i deffinately stand corrected.this,to me is the single most important and usefull recommendation that a beginner should listen to.the views from the new eyepieces where so much sharper and alot crisper at the edge of the fov.so before even thinking of giving up or buying a bigger scope because the views seem a bit dissapointing listen to what these good people say and UPGRADE YOUR EYEPIECES.

That's a very good piece of advice as quality eyepieces certainly do make a difference. I got one of the Meade 4000 eyepieces with my lightbridge and using it my other 8" scope made a huge difference.

Sam

Archived