Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help first time user / need to find a user manuel

I have had a Meade telescope for some time and I am trying to figure out how it works.   I need to find an user manual.

I do not see a model number or name on it I have attached two photos.

Can someone give me some direction, much appreciated.

Went to the Meade website and no luck.

Thank you....   Lost in space....

545BE68E-7763-42B9-A527-1F5D2354E6A9_1_105_c.jpeg

FACB95A5-F966-4725-93D5-807D54D56B28_1_105_c.jpeg

Hello gzoom, and welcome to SGL.

I am not familiar with this 'scope, but started a Google search with "Meade 114mm" and settled for its suggested "meade 114mm computerized telescope". The search results were strongly pointing towards Meade's StarNavigator NG range, and Meade's own web site provided a manual in their "support" section. If it is not quite the right model, it may still be adequate to get you operational.

Geoff

This must be the manual of your telescope: https://www.meade.com/pub/media/downloads/53/DS2000_manual.pdf
Yours might be DS-2000 series reflector telescope. Surprisingly I have one with the same 114mm aperture and 1000mm focus length. The only difference between yours and mine is the finder scope. I got with red dot finder. And I got the same manual as mentioned in the link above. Here is my telescope in action!

reflector OTA with camera.jpg

Edited by SagarMV
Added more details with a picture

7 hours ago, gzoom said:

545BE68E-7763-42B9-A527-1F5D2354E6A9_1_105_c.jpeg

FACB95A5-F966-4725-93D5-807D54D56B28_1_105_c.jpeg

To start with, you've got the telescope on the mount the wrong way around. The end with the eyepiece is the front and needs to be able to rotate upwards. Once you've done that the cap on what is the right hand end of your telescope in the photos above pulls off so that light can reach the primary mirror at the rear of the telescope. The manual should explain how to use the handset to control the mount. Once you've got that sorted, point the telescope at the furthest object you can see during the day time. Once that object is centred through the eyepiece, adjust the finder scope so that it is also pointing at that object. This should allow you to point your telescope at a celestial object accurately enough to start set up when you take it out at night. 

• Like 1