Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher az-gti & ASIAIR Plus slewing

Jeff5567

New to this &.....when I connected the mount to the ASIAIR & set as EQMOD unless the slewing speed is 600x or more then both up & down arrows both slew down, making fine tuning impossible 

I fiddled about in the ASI mounts menu & tried the skywatcher virtuoso gti, & it seems ok with the slewing directions & speeds

With regards to the original issue it was identical (both going down) with the EQMod cable & WIFI.....it functions correctly in the Synscan app

Just wanted to share this & see if anyone else has/had the same issue

Have clear skies today but blowing a gale. This astronomy game is challenging lol.....but if its easy, then its not worth doing, & the challenge is what brought me here

Hi, & thanks for the reply. I do have that cable (my error in not being more descriptive).....its the lynx astro FTDI for the AZ GTI mounts from FLO. I know this works as the slewing issue is identical in WIFI  mode. The cable is the one ZWO say to use & confirmed with FLO

Jeff...

Edited by Jeff5567

It may be worth posting in the owners thread, maybe someone can assist:

"Skywatcher AZ GTI mount owners thread"

If you can detail how it's been plugged together and setup in software that will help immensely.

Have you updated any of the firmware?

Edited by Elp

I'll do that thanks

It was only set up as new 3 weeks ago so presume it was updated firmware. Again,  I'll check

It is 'working' with the selected mount mentioned,  but not as ZWO say....seems odd 

I had problems autoguiding in EQ mode until I updated the azgti firmware, so it may make a difference. You shouldn't really have to adjust any settings with the asiair other than WiFi settings if you're customising that part of it. If it works in synscan however that would suggest an Asiair issue.