SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EGB10 among IFN - second image of a space oddity

gorann

In November Andreas Zirke posted an image on Astrobin of what he called "EGB 10 - a mysterious image in Draco". It is a very very faint object in Draco and it got me excited and over two nights I have now aimed my dual-RASA rig at it, catching more data than ever before with this rig on a single object. My image is rather different from that of Andreas, with less pronounced limits to the Oiii and Ha emissions, but I used broader dual band filter (IDAS NBZ Ha & Oiii) that does not give as sharp edges of NB data as 3nm filters, but appears to pick up quite a lot of RGB data, in addition to a lot of Oiii in the object. Combined with the big aperture of the RASA it found a lot of Integrated Flux Nebulosity (IFN) in the area and this largely dominates the image. But still EGB10 stands out centrally as something rather special and "mysterious".

So, two RASA 8 with ASI2600MC with NBZ filter on a Mesu 200 mount. 439 x 5 min, so 36.5 hours. Processed in PI and mainly PS.

I add the annotated image from Astrobin, but as you see it found nothing to annotate but gave the coordinates, even if this is a wide field image with 2.3 degrees field radius, so it i quite alone out there.....

Cheers, Göran (and I am happy for any comments)

20220206-7 EGB10 RASA1+2 PS23smallSign.jpg

Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 00.07.48.png

Edited by gorann
  • Like 13