NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AZ EQ5-GT replacement dec motor lead?

Greymouser

I have still to get a chance to use this mount in anger, as it were, but I foresee a potential problem. The dec motor lead is on the short side and is very stiff, I can predict a tangle in the near future, without care. Is there a replacement lead available anywhere?  Preferably like the Lynx astro power lead, nice and flexible. I know, I am probably worrying over nothing, but I prefer to be prepared... :smiley:

• 4 weeks later...

I've had mine for 6 years and yes that cable is a bit of a worry at times - I never found a source for a ready-made spare. One thing I would suggest doing is check to make sure that the strain relief clamps are actually clamping onto something substantial. The insulation had been trimmed back too far on mine so it wasn't. I packed out around the wires with electrical tape and now it's much more secure.

Pam