NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M101 OSC

tomato

Here is 132 x 2 mins on M101 captured with the Esprit 150/IMX571/QHY268c dual rig. There are a couple of things I need to put right, I used the 268 in DSO mode (Gain 30, offset 30) but calibrated with darks taken in high gain mode. APP gave me some polite warnings that all was not well, but carried on so I thought I would see how it turned out. The second issue was me being impatient to start the run I began with M101 at only 30 degrees elevation so guiding was poor and the subs were nowhere near the quality of those captured later in the night when the galaxy was at +40 degrees. Hopefully I can get a few more hours data tonight and rectify both of these faults.

Calibrated and stacked in APP, processed in APP, PI and AP. I used the Starnetv2 to separate out the stars, seemed to give  slightly better  results than StarXTerminator.

Thanks for looking.

Image03APW.thumb.jpg.47754d7278b18dd8b39533a556e6ead3.jpg

• Like 16