Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope reccomendation

Hello SGL! I am looking for a telescope under 150£/200$ (For DSO's) any telescope under this budget will be appreciated (I would like the telescope to be as cheap as possible) I am looking at these options:

1. Zhumell Z100 - 100mm aperture, fixed primary, main concern is that it won't be a much of an upgrade over my 70mm f/10, total price w/o shipping 99$(I expect 50$ shipping                                        with this.

2. Zhumell Z114 - 114mm aperture, primary can be adjusted, total price w/o shipping 149$ (50$ shipping, this tops my budget.)

3. Any of these - https://tejraj.com/startracker-reflector-telescope.html 76mm - 127mm, most likely spherical mirror, will make a dobsonian mount, these are the local company in india (INR 13800 = 184$, anything below that)

You can also recommend any telescope under that price, minus the shipping price. Also please don't recommend telescopes that are expensive. 

Edited by spacegalaxy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Philip R said:

Just another thing to add to the mix… are you going to be observing from home? or do you intend to travel with it?

I am going to observe from home..........most of the time, but I am looking for a portable telescope (Grab n' go, Table top telescopes, anything that requires one trip only! Assembly not included)

Hi spacegalaxy.

I would go for the dob.

Maybe save up a little be more because aperture fever will set in and you will probably want a bigger dob later on.

Dave 

Edited by Dave scutt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave scutt said:

Hi spacegalaxy.

I would go for the dob.

Maybe save up a little be more because aperture fever will set in and you will probably want a bigger dob later on.

Dave 

Thanks for the answer, but for which dob? There are three, Zhumell Z100, Zhumell Z114, Startracker 114mm/500mm, I am also looking at skywatcher heritage 100p, which including shipping charges is as much as Zhumell 114mm dob, but has more accesories (2x Barlow, better plossl eyepieces) The 2x Barlow can be used for also viewing the planets, occasionally, so it is a more general scope 

(It is also available at this time, unlike the Zhumell dobs)

Edited by spacegalaxy

In that price range a dob will get you the most bang for the buck to be sure.  Appature is everything, so get the biggest your budget will allow.