NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Comet Lulin animation

I did this in GIMP after a lot of messing about trying to save the file as a gif, I think it wasn't working because when I was saving it as file name comet gif 1 or comet gif processed nothing would play it but as soon as I saved it as just comet gif it worked. This might be wrong but thats what happened. Just as I am writing this the cat on the settee next to me started trying to be sick! Mad dash to the window and chucked it out! Don't worry I'm not upstairs! I am happier with this animation though, did some more frames and got the stars aligned. The frames are only 15 second exposures so its quite dim but I turned the levels up in GIMP and you can see the comet a bit better.

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/ww55/JamieCW1/?action=view&current=1.gif

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks alot John. The first time I tried to make an animation in GIMP I couldn't do it and was going to make do with the one I made in windows movie maker but your advice motivated me to try again with GIMP, and even though my animation is not much, I'm a lot happier with it.

Cheers

Archived