Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone using the ZWO wifi extender for their ASIAir Pro?

Hi all,

I have recently purchased the ZWO wifi extender for my ASIAIR Pro (made by Vonets) and have initially followed the quick ser-up guide to connect, I.e. plugged the device into my Air pro, connected to the vonets wifi using my phone, then switching on the AirPro and connecting via the vonets wifi.

However just for my understanding - is this simply using my phones Wifi to connect? I was under the impression that the vonets device would act as a 'bridge' between my wifi router and the Air Pro.

I can see that you can set-up the vonets device in bridge mode but the instructions aren't clear to me and are more aimed at using a computer as oposed to  as opposed an Air Pro.

I wondered how others have set theirs up, I.e. which settings have been used in the vonets set up page and also the Air Pro settings, e.g. station mode on or off etc....

Thanks @michael8554, I will have a look.

I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong with what I have done. I just have it in my head that it would he better all round if the device acts as a bridge rather than a repeater (I believe that's the right word to describe the current/default configuration. Although I I not an IT expert so could he talking complete nonsense! :)

On 29/01/2022 at 10:26, michael8554 said:

This may be what you want, from 4 minutes in :

Thanks @michael8554

It took me a few goes at this but I finally got it sorted and can now connect to my ASIAir Pro through my home network via the Vonets wifi extender!

For some reason the extender really didnt like the firmware to be updated and it crashed every time I tried (following the attempted updates - I couldn't connect to it through my home network despite the device showing as connected in my router settings.  Nor could I connect to it directly.....very odd) so I gave up and just left it in the end. Don't wake sleeping dogs ey!? :)

Edited by Jonny_H