Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASIair colour histogram

50 minutes ago, Budgie1 said:

WB is normally White Balance, so maybe White Balance (Red Channel) & White Balance (Blue Channel)?

Indeed, just no idea what the values should be. I thought someone might have chimed in by now. I'm beginning to think nobody really knows. I've tried searching online. Can't really find anything about it.

13 hours ago, Pitch Black Skies said:

Indeed, just no idea what the values should be. I thought someone might have chimed in by now. I'm beginning to think nobody really knows. I've tried searching online. Can't really find anything about it.

That really depends.

My take on it is that those are not to be touched in capture phase and color should be corrected in post processing.

If you however don't perform post processing and want to say show someone live view, then you can adjust white balance like that.

Actual settings will depend on what are you trying to achieve. Say you want to image an object under yellow light (street lamp or incandescent bulb) but want to show colors as object would appear in daylight / when color adapted - then you would move sliders until you get white color on object - looking white on screen.

Color correction is very complex topic and can be performed differently depending on the effect you want to achieve. For simple use cases - you can use white balance sliders, but for more complex - I advocate proper color calibration.

• Thanks 1