Moon 3 ways

Kon

I was out observing the moon last night. I took a few photos at the end with my DSLR on prime focus, 8" Dob. I stacked the best 25 frames out of 100 (somehow movies always come out awful for the moon with this camera). I did some post editing in snapseed. I used the pop details option and quite like how it brings up some of the smaller craters (it may not be to everybody's taste). So, moon in 3 ways, 'natural', inverted and false colour mineral.

moon-sharp-bw-01.thumb.jpeg.b6adf61b455b95ffa50fe607568718e4.jpegmoon-sharp-invert-01.thumb.jpeg.30b11a95094224b6de52142b21613406.jpegmoon-sharp-mineral-01.thumb.jpeg.5a1af604011c1b70e572aa7eceeb52d8.jpeg

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, NenoVento said:

Hi @Kon, do you mind telling how you make the false mineral colour processing trick?.

Regards,

NV

In Gimp I duplicate the image as a layer and then adjust the new layers hue saturation to 100%. I then duplicate the edited layer as a new one and repeat the procedure. You can stop adding layers when you feel that the colour is getting too much and merge down. I think a full moon will give you better colour contrast. I have not managed to replicate this with mobile shots but with my DSLR it works nicely (single frames also have colour).

• Thanks 1