Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ 6 Rail modification

UmBaxter

I have a NEQ6 Pro which I think is great, but it has a design flaw which makes polar alignment at my latitude (London) difficult i.e. one of the altitude bolts is over-extended which results in it getting stuck.  I know that this is actually a common problem and that there are at least two solutions:

1) the EQ6 "rail modification"

2) the NEQ/EQ6 Wedge 

I got in touch with the former UK supplier for option 2 who advised that he is no longer selling it. To be honest at circa £400 I guess I'm not fussed about that. I am very keen on option 1 but I don't see anyone selling these.

Any advice on where to purchase this would be very welcome - or any advice on other solutions to this problem.

Thanks, Dave. 

• 2 weeks later...

I 3d printed my own version of the rail kit and so far has been perfect. I honestly didn't think the plastic would be strong enough considering how hard it was to adjust the altitude before. But so far so good. Also got some standard 10x70mm (if I remember correctly ) bolts . 3d printed some knobs and now is so easy to adjust the altitude and a lot quicker to polaralign .

First one is my version of the rail mod which I'm using now. The second and probably easier one I cannot remember where I found it. But if you Google eq6 rail mod you should find it. Could quite easily make it out of a lump of metal and easy to fit. It just closes the distance the alt bolt has to travel to adjust so not putting undue strain on bolt at extreme angles. I did print one but using the rail version for now. 

Screenshot_20220125-001932_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220125-002109_Chrome.jpg