SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ASI Air Pro Still Amazes Me

Catanonia

Back to the hobby after a 5 or so year gap and how much things have changed.

I was once sat in my roll off roof obs with a laptop tethered directly to everything freezing my butt off imaging.

Now I have just glanced over to my iPad Pro and watched the ASI Air Pro stop imaging, stop guiding, meridian flip, re-focus, re-guide and start the imaging run again in precisely the correct framing all without a single movement from me.

AMAZING !!!!!

• Like 4

I am about to go to bed, leaving my set up to complete an imaging run on the California Nebula, before it slews, plate solves and re-focuses for a run to the Rosette for three hours or so.  All being well, the system will park the scope and close the observatory roof at about 3am, or sooner if weather conditions become unsafe.  If there are any problems the observatory will send me an email!   As you say @Catanonia, quite amazing.

796601556_Screenshot2022-01-0523_31_42.thumb.png.eee31ea433b9d85f12466a08111f777f.png

Edited by AMcD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AMcD said:

I am about to go to bed, leaving my set up to complete an imaging run on the California Nebula, before it slews, plate solves and re-focuses for a run to the Rosette for three hours or so.  All being well, the system will park the scope and close the observatory roof at about 3am, or sooner if weather conditions become unsafe.  If there are any problems the observatory will send me an email!   As you say @Catanonia, quite amazing.

796601556_Screenshot2022-01-0523_31_42.thumb.png.eee31ea433b9d85f12466a08111f777f.png

Sweet setup, that is just lazy :)  I currently have my rasa8 on a NEQ6 mount in the middle of the garden, so have to be semi awake in case of emergencies :)

8 hours ago, Catanonia said:

Sweet setup, that is just lazy :)  I currently have my rasa8 on a NEQ6 mount in the middle of the garden, so have to be semi awake in case of emergencies :)

😂 My wife keeps asking me whether “pushing some buttons and going to bed” is really engaging in the hobby of amateur astronomy!

I find Meteoblue to be pretty accurate up to 2 or 3 days out.  It stayed clear here and it looks like there might be further clear spells tonight 🤞

• Haha 1