Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL4 beginner help

Hi , i am attending the star party in april,and this will be my first with my first scope i have a c6-s 9.7mm 25mm ep ,2x barlow meade moon filter ,home made dew shield, red led headtorch my question is if i had £100 ish to spend is there anything essential i need apart from beer ! to take with me to make my viewing better eg dew heater or new eps thanks.

Luke

If its astro related then i would consider a Dew Heater / Strap as the site is next to a river i think there it will be more than inevitable we will suffer from Dew in one form or another.

This also means that you will need some way of powering the Dew heaters.

forgot the mention i have all the camping stuff would like any ideas of astro related stuff .

luke

Excellent :lol:, in that case I'd echo Kai's suggestion of some kind of powered dew prevention. If it's anything like Kelling Heath last September, nothing else will stop that moisture collecting on your corrector plate.

Tony..

Archived