Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC410 Tadpole Nebula

vineyard

Hello,

Here's 7h24 of IC 410 taken over 3 nights.  60s lights w a TV102iis x0.79reducer/flattener.  ASI294MCPro at -10C, gain 125, offset16.  APP then PI.

I've included a clean up crop (just trimming the edges & downsampled for size - my spacing isn't right), then a closer crop around just the nebula & then a v close crop of a particular area where there seem to be nice clouds - perhaps even some pillars - of nebulosity which one day I may try and go back to with a deeper scope.

Cheers

IC410_Tadpole_Nebula_Auriga_7h24_session_1_session_2_session_3_DBE_cleanup crop_2xdownsampled.png

IC410_Tadpole_Nebula_Auriga_7h24_session_1_session_2_session_3_DBE_clone1_closer crop.png

IC410_Tadpole_Nebula_Auriga_7h24_session_1_session_2_session_3_DBE_clone1_clone_clone_v v close crop.png

Edited by vineyard
added processing software
  • Like 5

I re-ran the data using the new GHS script that @mike1485 recently shared.  Here it is (star-reduced).  I much prefer this version - I could clearly have done a better job of protecting the brighter stars, but the smaller stars show much better (tightness & colour) as well as the structures within the nebulosity.  The colour is also much nicer.  GHS is v interesting!  

1253574072_IC410_7h24_APP_PIGHSLHEStarreduced_crop.thumb.png.b86dad2543552d737faee14169bb2fe1.png

• Like 2