Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IAU Pro-Am survey

I hope this is the right place; it is the best I can find. Perhaps a mod could move it if needed.

The International Astronomical Union (IAU) is conducting a survey to gauge the level of interest and ability of professional and amateur astronomers to work collaboratively. The survey is open to all astronomers, amateur, professional and corporate.

At the moment the survey is trying to ascertain how many people are willing to help in one or more broadly defined fields: variable stars, solar system, galaxies, data mining, etc. They are also asking about what we've been doing, if anything, within those same areas. The other important question is: how can professionals help amateurs, by running on-line courses, in-person workshops, and so on?

As I understand it, specific requests for help will come specific professional astronomers when and if amateurs are capable of collaboration with them. I expect, but do not know, that future survey(s) will be aimed at establishing levels of interest, expertise, technological capabilities, and so on.

The survey is located at https://www.iau.org/...etail/ann21064/ and I urge everyone to contribute and, further, to pass on this information to others via social media, email contact, and so forth.

I've done my bit. It was very quick, easy and straightforward.

Thanks,

Paul