Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Should I be able to get more from this RGB data of NGC6888

This is 8x900secs each of RGB with Atik 460 and Takahashi 106.  Eventually I would like to combine it with 11x900 sec Ha exposures.  Am finding Pixinsight confusing but as Olly Pence aptly put it have decided to continue torturing myself with it a bit longer🙂.

Have used WBPP and CosmeticCorrection before applying MureDeNoise. The data did not seem to need DBE so have combined the RGB in ChannelCombination and used STF with the channels unlinked to get a basic starting point.  Photometric Colour Calibration turned the data blue!  Should there be more colour at this point and what should be my next move? Should I consider trying to boost saturation using curves using a luminance mask?  Am getting increasingly uncertain and wondering about the quality of my data🤔 This is a jpeg version of a the cloned RGB  with a permanent stretch.

Annie

N6888_RGB_comb_clone.jpg

Yes it does look bad. It's not obviously out of focus on the original subs but will have another look.  I don't normally have a problem with focus.  Bit of an aberration this time - very embarrassing!

Cheers

Annie