Plans for a beginner equipment

The RPi problem looks like good option. I own a board and no need to spend more money. But whatever I read I will need the telescope first, so I can test it :)

RPi + remote from smartphone or tablet sounds very good to me. It will be light I will no need laptops or much more cables.

Regards!

7 minutes ago, Miroslav said:

The RPi problem looks like good option. I own a board and no need to spend more money. But whatever I read I will need the telescope first, so I can test it :)

RPi + remote from smartphone or tablet sounds very good to me. It will be light I will no need laptops or much more cables.

Regards!

Just seen this new product just listed on FLO: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/computers/beelink-gkmini-mini-pc.html

If you feel  that you want something with a little more power than a RPi, and perhaps don't want to take the jump towards INDI (and stick with ASCOM / Windows), then this looks pretty promising.

The price is not all that different, once you purchase a RPi, with a case, and a Power Supply / or 12V -> 5V adapter, SD card, or go with a SSD etc... then actually the GK Mini is very well priced (8GB RAM and SSD included + 4 USB3 ports out of the box, RPi only has 2 USB3 ports + 2 USB2 ports).