NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Unprocessed M31

Allinthehead

Hi all, this is my version of M31 completely unprocessed with edge artifacts included. All I did with this image was an autostretch in APP and saved as a jpeg in PI. Always fun capturing M31.

I captured these data on Wednesday night. Despite the bright moon the osc managed well. 86 minutes in 60 second subs with my trusty Asi 2600mc through an Epsilon 160ed and mounted on an AzEq6.

Captured with Sequence generator pro

Unprocessed in APP and PI

Hope you like it 

Richard.

test2-St.thumb.jpg.45702a904526947d5d8ad4548ba8bb67.jpg

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

That’s a well setup system Richard, stars are fantastic edge to edge.  I think APP does a great job and gets 90% there in this case.  I’d be happy with that as a final image (maybe with a bit more data!)

Thanks Adam, I really cant take the credit for the system setup as it arrived collimated and all I did was sort out the back focus, how jammy is that?

APP is probably my favorite piece of software, I can't get anywhere near the same results with anything else I've tried. There are a few things that bug me a little though mainly the fact that all the settings you choose reset to default after closing and the way it makes you save your alterations, including rotating. Maybe there's something I'm missing?

5 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Thanks Adam, I really cant take the credit for the system setup as it arrived collimated and all I did was sort out the back focus, how jammy is that?

APP is probably my favorite piece of software, I can't get anywhere near the same results with anything else I've tried. There are a few things that bug me a little though mainly the fact that all the settings you choose reset to default after closing and the way it makes you save your alterations, including rotating. Maybe there's something I'm missing?

Very Jammy!

I always end up with a lot of iterations saved.  I never thought about it but good point about the settings.

The forums have been suggesting that to Mabula for years, but nothing's happened. I'm used to it now, and almost understand the logic that you don't need to save your settings if you save your iterations. The one that gets me though is the Gong - makes me jump out of my skin every time if I forget to turn it off. Just as well it's so good at doing the important stuff, but usability issues like that really do get to people

5 minutes ago, Padraic M said:

The forums have been suggesting that to Mabula for years, but nothing's happened.

Such a simple thing to implement, why not give the user control? I should decide what gets saved, not the program. The amount of files I then have to delete is nuts.

7 minutes ago, Padraic M said:

and almost understand the logic that you don't need to save your settings if you save your iterations.

To me there's no logic in the need to have to check/uncheck multiple boxes and change integration settings every time I open the program, what a waste of life that is.:cussing: Why not let the user setup profiles and give the option to also open in default? 🤔

18 minutes ago, Padraic M said:

The one that gets me though is the Gong - makes me jump out of my skin every time if I forget to turn it off.

🤣 Yup, been there. Disapproving looks come from the living too when it happens. 

• Haha 1