Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Looking For Strong, 50mm Wide, Clear, Double-Sided Tape.

StuartJPP

Before I spend loads of money trying to find the right thing, I just wondered if anybody knows of a strong ~50mm wide double-sided (clear) tape that is difficult to tear but isn't reinforced with strands. Just "regular" double-sided tape thickness, not padded or anything and not costing an arm or a leg, in the region of £15 per 50m roll.

I have got a roll that is quickly running out but it has no branding on it and I'm unsure of it's origins. Most of what I can find online is "easy to tear" or they don't mention it and when asked they come back with "it is easy to tear". I want to be able to remove the tape without it splitting up into thousands of tiny pieces. 

So it must be difficult to tear, or at least not tear very easily but definitely must not have any strands to make it stronger.

For reference it is for use on my small milling machine to temporarily hold workpieces to the bed, usually acrylic/delrin sheeting.

Any thoughts?

Edited by StuartJPP

• StuartJPP changed the title to Looking For Strong, 50mm Wide, Clear, Double-Sided Tape.