Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cheap filter wheel for use with SW ST102

Hi all

I would like to get a cheap manual filter wheel for at least 5x 1.25 filters.

I currently use a SW ST102 with BST Starguider eyepieces.

Can anyone recommend a filter wheel setup that they know will allow me to focus correctly with these eyepieces.

Also I would like to be able to focus with a T2 adapter and camera wirh the same filter wheel - although this is not a deal breaker. I have had issues with 2x barlow and camera not allowing focus.

Thanks

Richard

2 hours ago, Franklin said:

ZWO 5x1.25" manual filter wheel is the best one around for about £65 I think. There are generic ones under different brands from China which are much the same. I would avoid the very cheap 3x1.25" China ones.

I have seen those in various places. Just wanted to be sure that I would not have a focus issue. I guess I could get one from FLO and return if it isn't suitable

For visual I would have thought a wheel adds about 50/60mm when used with a diagonal. The width of the wheel plus the eyepiece holder. If there isn't enough on the focuser you could probably reduce that by using T2 low profile fittings like the Baader ones and a 1.25" prism diagonal rather than a mirror. Or raise the scope up high and go straight through, Japanese style.