NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EP advice for a 150mm dob

cajen2

At the risk of restating the obvious, but because a few folks new to Pentax XWs don't realize it, the eye cup twists upward to position your eye at the correct distance from the eye lens.  As a result of not knowing this, they struggle with the long eye relief.

I thought I'd mention it just in case.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

An update if anyone's interested: I've still got all the EPs I mentioned - Svbony 6mm, BST 8mm, Pentax 14mm, Vixen NPL 30mm and OVL Hyperflex Zoom. I still like and use all of them. I of course love the Pentax XW 14, so I broke the bank and got the 5mm for my high-mag EP. It's wonderful too.... As a consequence, the Svbony is a bit surplus to requirements, so I'm going to donate it to my daughter, who's beginning to take an interest in astronomy. I've bought her a SW Heritage 100p dob as a starter scope.

I 've weakened and ordered an upgrade for myself as well: a StellaLyra 8" dob, ❤️ so looking forward to seeing how well my EP collection does in that! It's an f/6, so should be even better.

Edited by cajen2
  • Like 1