Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron Powertank Lifepo4 (Double One ) Problem

Just purchased one of the above Powertanks ,charged it up (when fully charged the four red leds stay lit and dont flash when fully charged).

When you check the state of charge  by pressing a seperate button only three of the four leds light up before I even use it!

Anyone had this problem with one of these powertanks? think it may be going back.

Any help would be appreciated cheers.

I have never used one of these powertanks. Though I have used a lot of Li batteries, of various types.

When you say you never see the lights flash to indicate full charge. How long have you left it on charge?
You may find the supplier asks you this question before agreeing a return.
A new battery pack may have unbalanced cells, which can take a while (a few hours) to sort out.

Having said this. Chargers should have a shut off timer after 8 or 10 hours.
Basically if the battery is not fully charged in this time, there is a problem.

If you do end up returning the item, ensure the supplier takes responsibility for arranging the carrier. Not just offer to refund a few quid post.
For many carriers, FAULTY lithium and 'wouldn't touch it with a barge pole' go in the same sentence.

You didn't mention the supplier name. Just wondering if it was an astro supplier or elsewhere?

HTH, David.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the celestron power tank Pro. Mine only had 2 power lights lit up. I bought it from tring astronomy. They tested one in their shop and all OK so sent me that one and sent me a label to post faulty one back to celestron free of charge. From fault to receiving new one took two days so excellent service. 

So pleased I bought this power tank as from all my research its one of the best on the market. Even though it cost over £200 in my opinion its excellent and highly recommended. 

If you bought from a reputable dealer you will have no problem getting a quick replacement.