Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC5070 - Pelican Nebula: First light with my (at this time) definitive equipment

barbulo

This is the first (although short) image taken with my rig. 
Only 10 usable lights of 180s@ISO800 (calibrated with flats and bias) taken with a modded 600D + clip UHC + MPCC. 
This is my definitive setup for the time being, so I hope it lets me grow up in this hobby. 
My comments:
- Short integration time due to weather. ☁️☁️☁️ 
- Image processing skills very improvable. I’ve tried to boost the details but the noise comes out (obvious with this integration time). 
- Thinking about covering the primary mirror clips. I have read it might help to reduce the halo around the brightest stars. 
- I managed to almost contain both coma and tilt with MPCC and ClickLock respectively, but the room left to focus inwards is almos gone (focus position around 1000 steps in the EAF). I tried to rise the primary mirror but there is no more room unless I change the thumbscrews. Any other suggestion? Moreover, the the focuser’s drawtube peeps out around 4cm inside the OTA. Does this affect to the image?

Thank you very much for looking and please post your comments and pieces of advice.

JR  

image.thumb.jpeg.78231bdb35d26dd1f4ef158dd436cdca.jpeg

Edited by barbulo
  • Like 7

• barbulo changed the title to IC5070 - Pelican Nebula: First light with my (at this time) definitive equipment