NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A question about importing processed TIF files from PixInsight into Photoshop and then having to make big changes to the histogram before I can proceed to the next stages?

Recently I have noticed something which bugs me when I open up TIFs  ( LRGB and HSO TIFs) into Photoshop after them being previously processed in PixInsight.

I have noticed that, despite carefully adjusting the histogram of each file in PixInsight before saving, when I load them into Photoshop I see that the histogram needs to be seriously re-adjusted again before I can do work with them in Photoshop. The files are way off  before I have to re-adjust them😞

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong???

Mike

I'm guessing that you are saving non linear images as 32 bit tiff. If you save them from PI as 16 bit tiff I think you'll find they open alright.

You could also try converting to 16 bit once you've got them in PS but I can never get that to work properly.

Let us know if that works.

• Like 1