SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ZWO EAF Autofocus with APT

smr

Hi all,

So I think I've finally worked out how to use my ZWO EAF ! Bought it months ago and had a couple of sessions where I tried to get things to work and just couldn't (and cloud at other times!)- I think I was doing it wrong because APT said something along the lines of frame a star so I think I was zoomed in after I'd taken an image with APT and had a Star selected with Focus Aid, I ran the Autofocus tool and the results were all over the place. I couldn't understand why it wasn't working. I wasn't getting a V Curve or anything like that, the dots were all over the place and instead of a V Curve I got more like S Curves!

Anyway it seems I was over thinking things as tonight I thought I'd give it another try and just ran Autofocus Aid again, it prompted me to open Focus Craft first so I did that, it didn't show any values on the image I'd taken, the main difference is I was zoomed out (1x1) on the image so all stars were in view, and no stars were selected with focus aid, and I just clicked on 'Run' in the Autofocus Aid.

So when I manually focused at the start of the imaging session with my Bahtinov mask I had a calculation of 2600 on the focuser position. After running Autofocus Aid I finally got a V Curve and the focuser position 2585, so I think I've figured out how to Autofocus, but I just wanted to check if it does look ok?

Thanks!

19590909_AutofocusAid.thumb.jpg.e6d01dd6cdccf90a3f116c65cb0e40b7.jpg