Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging with Achromatic / older scopes

Peter_D

Hi 

Here's a couple of images of the Andromeda Galaxy. I used my Tasco 9VR ( Vixen made F5 60mm Achromatic refractor from the mid 1980s) mounted on a Vixen GP mount. Unguided - learning to guide is something I need to get around to doing! Camera was an un-modded  Canon 60D. 

40 exposures of 30 secs (too long, looking at the comas) at iso 800. Stacked in DSS. Levels stretched in Gimp. At this stage, the red channel was really dominating so I just boosted the saturation to get as much of the galaxy visible as possible and made it a mono image 🙂  I cropped it  (first image) and on my Moto mobile phone's photo editor, I used the 'enhance' option - really brought out more of the galaxy and cropped it again.

Thanks for looking. Interested to hear if anyone else is dipping their toes into DSO AP with older scopes.

Clear skies

Peter

post-299126-0-21287600-1635420830.jpg

post-299126-0-21287600-1635420830~2.jpg

Edited by Peter_D
  • Like 8