NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrophotography kit help & advice please

My rig is (with DSLR):

Celestron CPC 925 GPS

Antares Focal reducer f/6.3

Canon 450D (astromodified)

Baader Ultra Short Canon T-ring https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-ultra-short-canon-eos-t-ring.html

Celestron T-adapter

Software APT

Bought 2nd hand a 2" Optolong L-Pro light pollution filter (mounted)

Questions:

1. Had an issue to achieve focus during tonight's session - from within the APT, I never managed to see anything (live view). Not sure if something in the chain of adapters/t-rings and etc. has been the issue. Any thoughts?

2. What is the best-for-value filter drawer that you would suggest me, so I can use the 2" filter I got?

3. I want to use the faster feature to see if the results will be better. Any thoughts on how to connect the DSLR in this occasion?

MANY Thanks in advance!

Edited by George Sinanis

24 minutes ago, PeterCPC said:

On point 1. I don't like the APT focus system but I find Sharpcap much easier so I usually focus with Sharpcap then dive into APT.

Thanks. I did try Sharpcap having the same thought but, I never managed to connect the dslr with sharpcap. Connecting via a usb cable by the way. Any ideas?

by the way, I see that you also have the 925. Is that the CPC? If yes, do you use any of your cameras to guide?

Edited by George Sinanis

35 minutes ago, George Sinanis said:

Thanks. I did try Sharpcap having the same thought but, I never managed to connect the dslr with sharpcap. Connecting via a usb cable by the way. Any ideas?

by the way, I see that you also have the 925. Is that the CPC? If yes, do you use any of your cameras to guide?

When I use my Canon I use backyard EOS which is brilliant but not free. You can try it for free.

No, I got rid of my CPC and now use my AVX for everything. The CPC is a bit limiting for imaging.

• AstroGS changed the title to Astrophotography kit help & advice please