NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Fleming's Triangle HOO

DaveS

This is still WIP as I need more, better, data. the subs I have up till now have been plagued with passing high cloud and early shutdowns triggered by the weather monitor.

Nevertheless, here it is, 7 hours H-alpha and 6 hours [OIII] in 900 sec subs with the ODK rig. Stacked in DSS and brutalised in AstroArt 8. The H-alpha data had full calibration, but the [OIII] only Darks since 1) I stuffed up getting sky flats for [OII] and [SII] and, 2) adding Bias stuffed up the stack.

Note the file says "Third HOO" which might give an idea of the thrashing around I was doing.

2113828052_ThirdHOOrotated.thumb.png.2a4e4c209580d2456dc1686910ed8f14.png

Still some uncorrected gradients to get rid of.

Program of further work, collect more, better [OIII] to replace some of the dodgy data, collect new, correct calibration frames.

• Like 6

I think I may be getting there. Grabbed another 2 hours worth of data last night which means DSS can dump some of the poorer subs. 40 x 900 sec subs (10 hours) each H-alpha and [OIII]. Stacked 75% in DSS with full calibration giving 7 hours 30 mins each. Post in AstroArt 8, Histogram Stretch, Gradient Reduction and a light Unsharp Mask. Colour Balance and Masked colour Reduction to try and reduce some red stars.

Saved out as PNG.

1384362873_FourthHOOrotatedflip.thumb.png.3d77bd562a6d37d670edcdfdf4fc8fcd.png

C&C welcome as always.

Edit: May have pulled the Red down a little too much. Will give it a think.

Edited by DaveS

Thanks. I may have to pause this for this year as I'm rapidly running out of imaging time before it hits the walls of the obsy and trees. Besides I'm trying to get data on Deer Lick and Stephan's Quintet.

Question is: When I resume do I go for more of the same (Realising that I will need the same again to make any difference), or else try to get enough [SII] to build a HST image?