NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M33 CCD & CMOS Combination

tomato

This is M33, from last night, 5.2 hrs total integration before clouds called a halt. I used a Moravian G2-8300/Esprit 150/SW 0.77 FR to capture Luminance, and a QHY 268c/Esprit 150 to capture RGB. Data was calibrated and stacked in APP and then I extracted the RGB channels from the OSC stack using PI, then processed the channels in Startools 1.8, AP and GIMP. 

I'm not sure why the bright stars have diffraction spikes given it was all captured with refractors, most likely the OAG prism intruding now that this scope has the Focal Reducer fitted.

I got quite excited examining the bright star which is cut off at the top of the image, about two thirds along on the right. With the apparent symmetrical star pattern around the bright star it looked like some kind of gravitational lensing effect, but no, inspecting the uncropped stack, it's just a line of sight coincidence, there are no corresponding stars on the top half.🤭

Thanks for looking.

M33_Lum_G28300_32x5min_27-28_09_21-Luminance-session_1-mod-St.jpg.2968ed986b178b796c1c0bd793afda3c.jpg

NewCompositeAPGPcc.thumb.jpg.a8605d5610235a8d39f5fe9e70925624.jpg

Edited by tomato
typo corrected
  • Like 5

Thanks Dave. With no imaging for long spells due to the weather, the Arachnid community have been working overtime in the dome . I go round with the feather duster but I haven’t checked inside the extended dewshields for a while.

• Like 1