BRESSER MikrOkular Full HD eyepiece camera

Z3JohnLB

I have a GSO 8" dobsonian and using the Bresser camera for solar system imaging. I intend to use my x2.25 barlow as well. Just wondering if there is a limit on how much magnification you can get with a camera, and how would I know if I have reached that. I know that with eye pieces it is 400 with this telescope.

Thanks,

John

2 minutes ago, Z3JohnLB said:

I have a GSO 8" dobsonian and using the Bresser camera for solar system imaging. I intend to use my x2.25 barlow as well. Just wondering if there is a limit on how much magnification you can get with a camera, and how would I know if I have reached that. I know that with eye pieces it is 400 with this telescope.

Thanks,

John

Ignore terms like "magnification" when referring to imaging, it is impossible to compare visual magnification and imaging limiting resolutions. Take a look at this  astronomy.tools FOV calculator. Select your camera and telescope from the drop down lists, or input the specifications manually, and check the results. For solar system imaging you should aim for 2 or 3 pixels per arc second of resolution (Dawes limit of the telescope) to optimise the camera/telescope combination.