Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Star Adventurer 2i issue with SA console app exposures

Hi, 

I recently got Star Adventurer 2i which has WiFi function so you can connect it with the app and control exposures and tracking.

I also bought shutter release cable so tracker can control my shutter, problem is that every exposure is different but not by much. For example if I set 45 seconds images will be random like 44.5, 44.7, 44.6 etc but never 45. 

I know its not a big deal but I cant find anywhere is that some limitation of the system and its supposed to be like that or SA console app is just buggy? Dithering is turned off, photo interval between images is 1 second.

It's most likely the timer on the camera which is looking to see if the bulb mode is triggered or not.  On a Nikon (which I use) it's only accurate down to about 1/10th a second (a hundred or so milli-seconds on an exposure of 30 + seconds is not going to break anything), and it's nothing really to worry about.

3 hours ago, BCN_Sean said:

It's most likely the timer on the camera which is looking to see if the bulb mode is triggered or not.  On a Nikon (which I use) it's only accurate down to about 1/10th a second (a hundred or so milli-seconds on an exposure of 30 + seconds is not going to break anything), and it's nothing really to worry about.

Thx for answer, its probably something like that

I don't have the fix for you but when it comes to stacking your images I know that you can adjust a tolerance for exposure time in Pixinsight.

By default it would group images by exact exposure time but there is a setting which allows you to you to set the tolerance to, for example 1 second. It would then group and stack all images where the difference between your shortest and longest image did not exceed 1 second. 

3 hours ago, Richard_ said:

I don't have the fix for you but when it comes to stacking your images I know that you can adjust a tolerance for exposure time in Pixinsight.

By default it would group images by exact exposure time but there is a setting which allows you to you to set the tolerance to, for example 1 second. It would then group and stack all images where the difference between your shortest and longest image did not exceed 1 second. 

I am stacking them in DSS actually so its fine, only post process in PI but I was just wondering does difference in exposures by 0.2-0.5 seconds affects image quality or doing some negative impact or it doesnt matter?