NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Barnard 150 - The Seahorse nebula

VilleM

This dark nebula lies at a distance of 1200 light-years from Earth in the Constellation of Cepheus. Because the nebula is in the Milky Way's plane it stand outs from the background filled with colourful stars of our galaxy, a keen eye can also distinguish three separate dense dust cores that actually are star formation regions. 🙂

Taken from my self-made remote observatory in eastern Finland with SkyWatcher Esprit 100mm f/5.5, ZWO ASI1600MM-C, Losmandy G11, guided with ASI224MC as finder-guider, TS Optics LRGB filters. L: 262x120s, R: 92x120s, G: 100x120s, B: 80x120s. Total integration time is ~18 hours.

B150-LRGB.jpg

• Like 28

On 14/09/2021 at 19:36, AMcD said:

Very nice indeed.  Glad to see the G11 is working out so well...

Thank you! It is a fantastic mount indeed, I have not adjusted anything mechanical and it performs with 0.3...0.5" guiding all night with my 50mm guidescope. If I would use OAG I think I could do better but for this focal lenght its more than enough.