Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need help identifying this Losmandy saddle

BrendanC

Hi all,

When I bought a second-hand NEQ6 mount a while back, it came with this Losmandy saddle.

However, I don't need it and never did, and probably never will. So, I'm thinking of selling it to raise funds for new astro kit. Thing is, I've searched the web high and low and cannot identify it. There's no branding or anything, so I can't really figure what a decent asking price would be.

Can anyone help? Anyone have this, or know what make it is? Failing that, what would a fair price be?

IMG_20210905_180343.jpg.fec201021bfa834d71505bee2e418a50.jpg

IMG_20210905_180339.jpg.afe2f55a6fa9807fb12632f7f1fe099d.jpg

IMG_20210905_180347.jpg.7afdd8176dea8ce7bd5f8d3baed6cacd.jpg

Thanks, Brendan

Thanks! I thought it looked very much like an ADM saddle. :)

Quick supplementary question though: if I do sell, would the puck be integral to this ie would I need to sell them both together, or could they in theory be sold separately? In which case, how much would the puck be worth as a separate item?

Edited by BrendanC

47 minutes ago, BrendanC said:

Thanks! I thought it looked very much like an ADM saddle. :)

Quick supplementary question though: if I do sell, would the puck be integral to this ie would I need to sell them both together, or could they in theory be sold separately? In which case, how much would the puck be worth as a separate item?

It looks like an ADM saddle clone.

A new puck costs £29 from FLO -  https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adm-replacement-saddles/adm-replacement-puck.html 

Your puck is for pre-Sept 2008 mounts, so I expect that more people have the newer mounts and therefore you'd probably have a bigger market for the saddle if you split them (as long as someone did buy the puck on its own).

Personally, I have the older mount so would be interested in you selling them as a pair 😉   

Ady