NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

celestron new solar system imager help

spikkyboy

Hi all, does anybody use one of these? I installed the icap software but when i plug the camera in just shows light or dark, no image.

Tried it last night on jupiter thinking it needed a further away target. Nothing. if i wave it at my desk lamp the screen goes white then black when i move it away so its doing something. Any ideas anybody? is there a better software program to run it on?

Thanks

It is the NexImage burst camera. I googled use and set up and found a video (yes it was attached to my telescope).

User in video had same problem, only white or black screen. His laptop was old and unable to process the image.

I use a very old windows 7 laptop so this could possibly be my problem. I was considering a new one anyway so will try that.

1 hour ago, spikkyboy said:

It is the NexImage burst camera

Neximage burst colour works on XP and Win 7. You might also need to update the cameras firmware

NexImage Burst Color | Celestron

The fact that you are getting some form of image, albeit light or dark suggests that the camera is working.
Can you post an image of the camera connected to the telescope ?

• Like 1

Thanks Peter, I have noticed in some of the videos that the camera is connected directly to the telescope. I have the adaptor into the diagonal. I will try again without it. Maybe the region hitting the tiny sensor via the diagonal is losing my target? 

17 minutes ago, spikkyboy said:

Thanks Peter, I have noticed in some of the videos that the camera is connected directly to the telescope. I have the adaptor into the diagonal. I will try again without it. Maybe the region hitting the tiny sensor via the diagonal is losing my target? 

With a diagonal installed between the telescope and camera it might not be possible to reach focus.

• Like 1