The Bubble with M52 (and a nova)

Paul M

I keep returning to this patch of sky. Last week I had first light with my ASI071 and targeted The Bubble Nebula. I noticed that I nearly got M52 in frame also, so last night I framed the target to include the Bubble, M52 and the Nova in Cassiopeia. 

This is 17 x 240 sec at gain 150, binned 2x2, Optolong L-Pro filter and Baader MPCC coma corrector. Skywatcher 250 P-DS on NEQ6 Pro mount. Captured with APT and guided with PHD2/ASI120 mini. 

Stacked in DSS with 65 Flats, no darks (not needed with this sensor) and contorted in P.S. (inc AstroFlat Pro and Astronomy tools).

The sky was poor to very poor. Milky and glowing from Blackpool's illumination. I'd planned to leave it running all night but the clouds had other ideas...

1238564446_BubbleM52Nova.thumb.jpg.dbbce4ca2249b76f5aae1b3d5a260880.jpg

To locate the nova here is an annotated image from my previous session:1055124142_TheBubble.thumb.jpg.a46608609f4e331335dba8af43e97205.jpg

• Like 5