Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Any Black Diamond head lamp users out there?

I have a Black Diamond Spot Lite 160 and it drives me mad! I set it to red and then down to the lowest setting. But often when I switch it on and off it reverts to white, which is incredibly annoying. The on/off switch just seems to behave randomly. I actually had to put some black tape over the white lamp, but it's only partly successful.

Has anyone else had this problem? is there a solution?

I sent this to Stuart in reply to a PM just now.  I'm repeating it here in case it's of use to anyone else.

I gave mine to my wife but just checked it. It works as it should do.  

1) Press the large button to turn on.

2) If the red light comes on go to step 3. If the white light comes on, press the small button to switch to red.

3) Press and hold the large button to cycle through the brightness settings. Let go when the light is at its dimmest.

4) Press the large button again to turn off.

5) Press the large button again to turn back on. It should revert to the last colour and brightness you set, i.e the dimmest red.

If it doesn't work like this it looks as though your one is faulty.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1