Bubble Nebula Red Channel Test

Rodd

Still early in the project, but I could not help myself. I needed a target to shoot while I waited for M31 to rise above 30 degrees.  I have always wanted to shoot the bubble in visible light.  I was surprised at the level of detail and signal. Minimal processing was performedoit reminds me of Ha.  Seeing was very good. The FWHM of the stack is 1.45”. It is a long way from finished. I don’t even think the red channel is complete.  The noise levels are quite high. Then again,  transparency was poor and there could well have been high cloud or haze.  It seems that even on a clear night it’s not really clear.  So I think a dark sky and more data will help. It is no longer a test!

C11Edge with asi1600. 327 30 sec red subs. Bin2 in software

623BC07D-CB82-4723-89A5-12FB87E6FE56.thumb.jpeg.b92b03381160ec0fb53d93d04f51cb90.jpeg

• Like 10

HI Rodd, I can definitely see the "edge" your edge has on my old 12" lx200!

I was using 5 min subs with a Ha filter and imaging at approximately f6.3 as apposed to your 30s red subs at f10 (I'm assuming) 

The total integration time you have is about 2hr45 where as mine was was 3hr 20.

Your stars are tighter than mine even though I was using narrow band and your arcseconds per pixel were much lower which is impressive! Possibly due to the guide errors that can creep into 5min instead of 30s? 

Over all, for the really quick image times it's impressive and I'm looking forward to the finished version 

Thanks for sharing  

Bryan

12 hours ago, assouptro said:

HI Rodd, I can definitely see the "edge" your edge has on my old 12" lx200!

I was using 5 min subs with a Ha filter and imaging at approximately f6.3 as apposed to your 30s red subs at f10 (I'm assuming) 

The total integration time you have is about 2hr45 where as mine was was 3hr 20.

Your stars are tighter than mine even though I was using narrow band and your arcseconds per pixel were much lower which is impressive! Possibly due to the guide errors that can creep into 5min instead of 30s? 

Over all, for the really quick image times it's impressive and I'm looking forward to the finished version 

Thanks for sharing  

Bryan

Thanks Bryan.  I had really good seeing, which is rare. I am shooting unguided, so I think you are correct about guide errors creeping in the longer subs.  I still think your image is amazing. Ha is much fuller in this target.  The broad band signals more tenuous. I am looking forward to finishing this one.  Good luck with the OIII and SII 

• Like 1