SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Markkarian's chain in the 66.

ollypenrice

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A WO66 with a DSLR would have an ENORMOUS field. I've just been looking at the Flaming Star and IC410 in a single field on a French forum and that was with an ED80. On the 16HR chip you get only the Flaming star. I have done terrestrial stuff with my DSLR-66 but nothing on the sky yet.

It should be sharp to the corners with the dedicated flattener reducer. Without it I think it would be hopeless with a big chip. The field curvature on the unreduced scope is huge. You can see it visually; a phone mast bends into a banana when you put it to the edge of the eyepice field.

Olly.

I have a 66SD and a WO FF/FR II and it still quite poor to the corners and struggles to illuminate a DSLR sensor.

Regards

Kevin

No Probs TJ....

Like to use the software to plan the framing of a nights images before I go out.. i like to work out RA.DEC of the centre of the frame and the rotation of the camera... and look for a likely guidestar... that reminds me i need to get the FOV of the 500mm DSI IIC setup as well and add that in...

I used to Image with a Skywatcher Equinoxe-66 with a WO FFF III and DSLR's...

satrs werent brill int he corners but still gave an usefull FOV... I now use the Megrez72 FF III and with the "better" stars in the corners it gives almost the same "useable" FOV... although down a bit if your not fussy about the edges of the pic...

Billy...

Archived