NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Through Smoke, The Sadr Butterfly - SHO

Mr_42tr0nomy

Hey Folks!

Despite having several clear skies.. the smoke from the fire out west have ruined many chances of gathering data.  I did mange to gather about 20 mediocre hours of data through all the smoke and haze. Unfortunately, my Oiii channel got hit the worst hence the halos.

This image of the Sadr Region consists of 20 hours (8/6/6 HSO) of data taken from bortle 7 skies. I hope you enjoy!

Cem60, 10" f/3.9 newt, asi294mm, astrodon 3nm SHO filters

600s subs gain 120 offset 50
High Res: https://www.astrobin.com/full/0hx5q3/0/

Clear Skies!

butterfly nebula in sadr SHO 2.jpg

Edited by Mr_42tr0nomy
  • Like 17

Nicely done with lovely colour and detail in the nebula.   Super.     If I may say, it would be A1 if you could correct the star colours.  It is often worth shooting 8 x 2 mins in each of RGB and using the stars from that to replace the ones in the image from the narrowband filters.   There are techniques to do that in PI or Photoshop.

7 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

Nicely done with lovely colour and detail in the nebula.   Super.     If I may say, it would be A1 if you could correct the star colours.  It is often worth shooting 8 x 2 mins in each of RGB and using the stars from that to replace the ones in the image from the narrowband filters.   There are techniques to do that in PI or Photoshop.

Yes.. I will do this. I typically shoot RGB stars and replace them. The method is very easy.. Shouldnt be too hard to do. I can starnett, clone stamp the halos. layer in the RGB stars.