Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LDN 1165 + Lambda Cephei

Tommohawk

Hi all!

I'm due to retire soon, and my colleagues kindly bought me a star-registration gift. TBH I have mixed feelings about all this, but thats for another thread!

The star in question is "Tom's Twinkle" aka Lambda Cephei. I promised to photograph it and amazingly the sky was clear just a few nights later ie Friday night - it is set close to LDN 1165 and I thought frames quite well together.

I posted the result on our work thread and the dark nebula doesn't look so clear as on my screen, so we'll see what happens when I post here. 

The usual chaos when getting set up (Windows restart for no apparent reason, NINA failed to connect etc) but eventually:

SW200P with Skywatcher CC (0.9x)  ASI1600MM + Astronomik DS filters, NINA, about 80x RGB binned 2x2 30sec, and 80x LUM unbinned, Astropixel processor, PS.

Slightly over-processed to maximise star colour, heart shaped stars (because I set the secondary mirror heater to 12V instead of 3V... Grrrr.) Hope you like it, grateful as ever for comment, thanks for looking!

combine-RGB-image-lpc-cbg-csc-St_PS_crop_rot_v2.thumb.png.cb606c9e80079d79490229409d72b226.png

• Like 7