Focal/ tele extenders.

Merak

Hi,  

After using an el cheapo Barlow, I'm looking at getting a Tele/focal extender and wondering if anyone uses the Altair Lightwave ones?

It seems that the options are this, the ES focal extender(which is out of stock everywhere!).

The other possible option I guess is to bite the bullet and get the 2.5x Powermate?  Not cheap but I guess it's buy once, cry once.   Any thoughts?

Thanks, Mark

1 hour ago, Merak said:

Hi,  

After using an el cheapo Barlow, I'm looking at getting a Tele/focal extender and wondering if anyone uses the Altair Lightwave ones?

It seems that the options are this, the ES focal extender(which is out of stock everywhere!).

The other possible option I guess is to bite the bullet and get the 2.5x Powermate?  Not cheap but I guess it's buy once, cry once.   Any thoughts?

Thanks, Mark

You might want to have a read of this thread - it discusses Opticstar extenders and eyepieces  - which appear to be rebranded ES products (both made by JOC), but a bit cheaper - and according to the Opticstar website - in stock.

Opticstar barlows thread

Opticstar extenders

I've owned and used Powermates, the Meade TeleXtender and the Explore Scientific Focal Extenders.

All pretty good really. Powermates are pretty much invisible in the optical chain apart from the additional magnification.